Data Protection Notice
Mickleham & Westhumble Local History Group
DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 and also by the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR)
Who are we?
M&WLHG is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data?
The M&WLHG complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
- We use your personal data for the following purpose
- Sending notification of upcoming meetings & events
- Communicating with you regarding the details of meetings and events
- Sending occasional newsletters detailing the activities of the M&WLHG
- Sending details & information of other local activities or groups that we feel may be of interest to those who are members of M&WLHG
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Your explicit consent is required for M&WLHG to hold and use your personal data, for the purpose of keeping you informed about the news, events and activities of the M&WLHG
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, and will be shared only with others who attend our meeting for purposes connected with the activities of the M&WLHG. We will only share your data with third parties outside of the parish with your consent.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your data for as long as you retain membership of the M&WLHG or for as long as you wish to receive newsletters or notification of meetings and events.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: -
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which the M&WLHG holds about you;
- The right to request that the M&WLHG corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for M&WLHG to retain such data;
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact the M&WLHG Secretary Sue Tatham (firstname.lastname@example.org )
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
If you do grant consent for us to hold your data, please note you can withdraw your consent at any time by contactingthe M&WLHG Secretary Sue Tatham (email@example.com ) Please note that all processing of your personal data will cease once you have withdrawn consent but this will not affect any personal data that has already been processed prior to this point.